Welcome. I hope that you will enjoy and learn something while reading my blogs. Happy reading...

December 25, 2009

Wealth is a Feeling, Measured by Gratitude Bo Sanchez

- true measure of wealth is not your money, your real estate, or your jewels
- the true measure of wealth is how grateful you are


Wealth Is A Feeling

By Bo Sanchez



Let me shock you. Wealth is not primarily your cash or your houses or your cars. I believe wealth is first of all an emotion. Wealth is a feeling.
The true measure of wealth is not your money, your real estate, or your jewels. The true measure of wealth is how grateful you are. The more grateful you are, the wealthier you are. The less grateful you are, the less wealthy you are. It's that simple.
20 years ago, I was earning P30 a day. Yet I felt so rich. Because I was so grateful for God's blessings. Today, I even feel richer. Not just because I earn more, but because I've become even more grateful.
As I told you before, there are three levels of gratitude: Superficial, Simple, and Sacred.

1. Superficial Gratitude
Superficial Gratitude is being thankful for big-ticket items.
A house. Car. Marriage. Baby. Healing. Big Business deal.
Superficial gratitude is very good, but I warn you that it doesn't last very long.
Like yesterday, I read a story of a man who finally passed the bar exam after 9 attempts. For those 9 years, passing the bar exam was like a full time job. But finally, he passed it! Imagine if you're John. You'd be very grateful. But soon, you'd have new problems as a lawyer.
I remember my friend who finally got married at the age of 51. Imagine her joy. I'm sure she was very grateful. But eventually, new problems will come up. Like marital problems.
Superficial gratitude is good, but it doesn't last. Because after awhile, big problems come with big blessings.
You need to move to the second level of gratitude.


No comments:

"THY words is the lamp unto my FEET and the light unto my PATH"