Welcome. I hope that you will enjoy and learn something while reading my blogs. Happy reading...

October 2, 2009

Google AdSense Reports Terminologies Defined



I started to sign-up in AdSense several months ago without knowing its capability to earn money.  Now that I have started to love blogging, I am constantly visiting my AdSense account and I noticed that the Page Impressions  is increasing everytime I will add a blog entry.  So what are these terms/terminologies all about.  Below are the snapshot of my AdSense account and their definitions excerpted from Ask Dave Taylor.

Snapshot of my AdSense account


Terminologies Defined
  • Page Impression -- how many times the page or pages containing the AdSense advertisement was shown to visitors
  • Clicks -- the number of times someone actually clicked on an advertisement
  • Page CTR -- the resultant click-thru rate, as a percentage
  • Page eCPM -- the effective cost per thousand (M = mil, it's Latin) for your ad space.   This is a statistic that only a marketing person could love, so it's fine if you ignore it, but it can show you what ads / ad units are most valuable, particularly if you use channels
  • Your earnings -- no explanation needed. Bigger is better. :-)

SOURCE:  Ask Dave Taylor

No comments:

"THY words is the lamp unto my FEET and the light unto my PATH"