Welcome. I hope that you will enjoy and learn something while reading my blogs. Happy reading...

September 28, 2009

How to Backup a Blog on Blogspot to Your PC

Recently, I changed this blog to a new look using a 3 column template.  I will create a separate entry how I change from 2 column to 3 column template.  Before migrating to a new template, I had a fear that my blog entries might disappear because of a bug of the new template or some other reasons.

So, I consulted again my virtual bestfriend, GOOGLE for the answers.  Google search results listed many ways on how to backup a blogspot blog such as using a software, a built in exporter, email, etc. but only one backup method that catched my interest and attention.  This is by viewing all your blog entries on a single page then save the page to your PC or hard drive.  Easy, isn't it.

So here it is the "HOW TO", happy reading....


How to Backup a Blogspot Blog

1.  Type this address in the address bar 

http://XXX.blogspot.com/search?max-results=N


     where:   
                 XXX - URL of your blog minus the blogspot.com extension
                      N - number of blogs entries you want to backup, make it higher if you are not sure

     illustration: 
                I have blog entries which is less than 100.  So, I types below URL to the address bar of my internet browser.
           



2.  Then issue a "Save As" command and locate your folder in your hard drive where do you want to store you blogs.  Easy,  isn't it.

>>> END

No comments:

"THY words is the lamp unto my FEET and the light unto my PATH"