Welcome. I hope that you will enjoy and learn something while reading my blogs. Happy reading...

September 25, 2008

Linux - Fedora - Enable to Receive Files via Bluetooth

When I was doing my other blog entry "Cube Puzzle Solved", I decided to upload some pictures to make it attractive. The picture is located in my Nokia N70. So, I have to transfer the picture from my cellphone to my MSI VR340 laptop running Fedora 9. Since I have no pc cable, my option for transferring files was via bluetooth.

When I inserted my Asus bluetooth dongle (thanks to my friend Glenn for selling me the dongle worth 400 pesos only) to the laptop, it was detected successfully with default Fedora drivers.




The laptop and cellphone can successfully paired with each other via bluetooth. Also, I was able to trasfer files from PC to Nokia N70.

The problem is the transferring of files from the phone to PC. Whenever I try to send the file via bluetooth, it always say "sending failed". So, I consulted again my bestfriend "Google".

Luckily, I was helped by my bestfriends. Here is how to:

1. Go to: System --> Preferences --> Internet and Network --> Personal File Sharing


2. Check the "Received files in Downloads folder over Bluetooth".




Problem Solve!!!!!!


END-------------------------------------

Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. (Matthew 6:8)

No comments:

"THY words is the lamp unto my FEET and the light unto my PATH"