Welcome. I hope that you will enjoy and learn something while reading my blogs. Happy reading...

October 7, 2008

Transitive and Intransitive Verb


Mastering English Without a Teacher



Transitive Verb

- is a word that can transfer its action to some person or thing called the object of the verb.
- can be used in the passive as well as in the active voice.

1. The lightning struck the house.
2. The lightning struck.
3. Mark Twain wrote humurous novels. (active)
4. Humurous novels were written by Mark Twain (passive)


Intransitive Verb
- cannot take an object.
- can only be used in the active but not in the passive voice.

1. Come into my house.
2. Will you sleep late tomorrow?
3. Do not walk so fast?
4. John Arrived at 10 pm.


end ---------->

"Nothing happens in our life until we decide"

No comments:

"THY words is the lamp unto my FEET and the light unto my PATH"